Talent Blueprint Pre-Employment Disclosure Statement
The following is a statement of how we collect, use and disclose personal information during the pre-employment stage of the recruitment process.
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you. It may range from the very sensitive (eg. medical history or condition) to the everyday (eg. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placement. Personal information includes sensitive information.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs; Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union; Sexual preference or practices;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provisions of health service.
- It includes personal information collected to provide health service. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Your personal information will be collected by Talent Blueprint for its own use and on behalf of any other related companies and/or related entities that might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your potential and any subsequent work placement.
Personal information will be collected directly from you when you submit an application for work or resume or any other information in connection with your application such as letters of reference, academic transcripts etc.
Personal information will also be collected when:
- We gather information from you in the course of your interview;
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional
- associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive work performance information (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from you or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you were involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional
- disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- We are legally required to do so – for example, to assess your right to work in Australia;
- You provide us with any additional information about you.
How will we use your personal information?
- Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo; ?Our identification of your training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
Any matter considered necessary during the pre-employment stage or any ongoing purposes of the employment relationship. We use this information to assess your suitability for the position for which you have applied, in an environment free from discrimination.
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to the following organisations:
- Talent Blueprint and any other related companies and/or related entities as a potential and actual employer
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A workers compensation body
- Our contractors and suppliers – who may be involved in the recruitment process
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
What happens if you do not give us the information we seek?
If you do not give us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to wholly consider you for the position at hand and we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
We store your information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files in a locked facility. If Talent Blueprint does not subsequently employ you we store your information for a maximum period of two years and then/or dispose of the information in a confidential manner.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. You may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our office on 07 3172 7726.
In some cases we may impose a charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
You consent to collection, use and storage of your personal and sensitive information as it pertains to your employment with Talent Blueprint.
I, (full name) …………………………………………………………………………. have read and understood each of the statements in this Collection Statement and voluntarily consent to:
Personal and sensitive information about me being collected by you as indicated above;
Personal and sensitive about me being used as indicated above; Personal and sensitive information about me being disclosed as indicated above.
Please sign below if you agree to us using your personal and sensitive information to consider you for other employment placement opportunities that may arise.
Signed: …………………………………………… Dated: ……………………………………..